Stress & Mindfulness Workshops
WORKSHOPS FOR BUSINESS
Stress has become a chronic condition in our lives, and the UN has gone as far as to call it the 21st century health epidemic. 80-90% of diseases are stress related, yet we continue on with our busy lives, not really paying heed to warning signals.
Life's pace seems to increase every year without any sign of slowing, however we can't keep living at this pace without consequences on our physical and mental health.
It costs Australian businesses $10.1 Billion a year which is quite staggering.
While some stress can be positive when we have tight deadlines, or busy periods where it helps us think on our feet, ongoing stress is increasing levels of heart disease, high blood pressure, weight gain and auto immune diseases, plus other health issues are all on the rise. Women in particular are affected as it creates havoc with hormones and can even affect fertility.
Working in the advertising and production world for many years, I know the toll it can take on our physical health, and my aim is to educate your employees with tools to decrease anxiety, lower stress levels, demystify meditation and mindfulness, and give them simple techniques that can be used on a daily basis.
Creating a healthy workplace increases productivity, uplifts morale, improves energy levels, decreasing absenteeism and employee turnover, forging a stronger business culture.
They can learn:
- The one minute breathing technique that can turn off the fight or flight syndrome when faced with chronic stress and anxiety.
- What meditation actually is and the benefits it can provide for their health and wellbeing. Including an understanding of the misconceptions around meditation that often stop people from giving it a go.
- An understanding of mindfulness practices in the workplace, including handling the constant email and social media we face these days, as well as and awareness of how multi tasking can actually make us un-productive and use up our precious energy levels.
- Simple techniques that can be used in the workplace to bring back clarity and focus.
- Nutritional knowledge that keeps our health at an optimum, as well as foods specifically related to stress.
- Why exercise, including breath focused exercise, elevate our mood and lift our energy, lowering anxiety.
- The importance of fresh air and sunshine, to increase serotonin, the feel good hormone.
- The importance of sleep and tips on how to get a good nights rest.
- Incorporating habits that make us happy on a daily basis.
- Understand how mindful living can help us deal with stress and our emotions in healthy ways to have better relationships in the workplace and at home.
In a 1.5 hour workshop you receive a tailored program to your specific business and the needs of your employees.
What others say.....
"The Team at Chuan Spa Langham Melbourne thoroughly enjoyed Sacha’s meditation workshop. Her warm, gentle and empathetic approach to teaching, created a comfortable and safe space for the team to be able to relax. She took them through a variety of meditations and gave them tools they could implement to help them manage their stress levels on a daily basis. Completely non judgemental and inclusive, Sacha’s meditation workshop had a lasting and profound effect on the team long after she left."
Micheline Trigg, Spa Manager, Chuan Spa Langham Hotel
CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION